- In a very pretty parlor, on a very special shelf
- Sat a Crystal Cat named Cleo,
- But she wasn't by herself.
There were other crystal creatures, some were meek
- and some were proud
But Cleo thought herself
- The most important of the crowd.
- There was sleek Sabu, the Tiger, always looking for a fight,
- And then sweet Laura Love Bird
- Who tried to make things right.
- And Elephant called Elmer, with great big hanging ears
- Was something of a coward
'Cause he was so full of fears.
- Although he was enormous, he never made a sound,
- And all his close companions
Hardly knew he was around.
- Dudley Duck and Robert Rabbit and the Eagle, Uncle Sam
- Paid great respect to Cleo
And referred to her as "M'am."
- But that Silly Tilly Turtle and Percy Polar Bear,
- Scarcely looked in her direction
And ignored her, when they'd dare.
- That fat Fernand, the Bull Frog and his pal, young Dolphin
- Were ever ready with a smile,
- And never played a trick.
- That left the carefree Silky Seal, who stuck a great big
- Upon his little turned up snout,
- To make himself look tall.
- The other guys were small-fry, not worthy of a mention
- Although they clamored to be known,
- Cleo paid no attention.
- She wrapped her tail around her, and licked her lovely coat
- Did anyone among them
Stand an equal chance to gloat?
- She decided in her wisdom, to let the whole thing rest,
- She was Crystal Queen of Sheba
- And would always be the best.