- The universe says I'm ready, willing and able
- To support flottillions of humans at my table
- With the sun rejoicing to run like a dark horse from God's
- Or the white horse Pegasus with an oxcart in the sky
- Protean columns bearing daring to the man who would be high
- The music of the spheres at last like a diamond decibel cry:
- You fail to understand my friend, why must you even try?
- Why gamble on a final scene that's frozen forevermore?
- When I WHO AM will sing for you upon a nether shore;
- And plums and grapes and apricots give witness there is more
- Of green sap everlasting in the universal store
- Of resins, weeds and swamplands on the dirt roads of my mind
- And shanties in melon patches, tho love seems hard to find
- Where there is no love, put love and you'll be paid in kind
- Just don't trash the future like a worn-out melon rind!